Challenging Arts & Crafts

Blue & White Sampler Quilt






This sampler quilt was patiently made by piecing and putting all together  the 12 blocks by machine then handquilting each block with various quilt design...This was a christmas gift to my husband a few years back...I know it will take time to finish such project, but if  you´re
 patient enough and your perseverance prevails, then the  final moment will shed joy to yourself as well as to the one person receiving it as gift of love.




Here are the details of the 12 blocks based on simple templates common to the sampler quilt. The
fabrics were remnants of various blue colored projects done in the past.


There were no patterns followed for quilting each of the block,  just quilt as I went using masking tapes so lines would at least be straight.








For this circle, I used a round plate as the base for the quilting and then just followed its line as I quilt until I reached the inner square edge of the block. All the rest of th space were just filled with stitches.










The same star pattern is one of the most common designs in a quilt sampler and one can use various shades of fabric thereby changing the appearance of the block.



That´s just about for now, hope you got some ideas for your next quilt... Thank you for reading my blog. Wishing you all a good night sleep and for those who are in Asia, wish you a beautiful day, keep on smiling!

Til next,

8 comments:

  1. You have done a wonderful job on all these quilts Mercy. You see the detail and labor that went into each one. One can tell you take great pride in your work. You inspire me so much with ALL your challenging arts and crafts. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Davida, thank you for visiting my blog and for the nice and wonderful comments of yours ( as always, and I like it!)....I´m so proud to have you here. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mercy this is great! I have always wanted to try quilting and never have done it. Great tutorial~

    Mandy @ The Hankful House Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Mandy! I also enjoy reading your FB Blog. That was a great linky Party you´ve hosted and I met so many talented Bloggers out there thru you. Have a nice and great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Wow, Mercy! What a stunning quilt!! Thank you so much for sharing this at the Fall Get Your DIY On Challenge: Blue Projects. We were so thrilled to have you and hope you will be back tomorrow to share you fall wreath with us!! It goes live at 4pm PST.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Krista, that was a fun Party last week, I loved and enjoyed it... Yes I will come back to share my Wreath! Thanks once more for hosting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt! I love the patterns and the colors!

    ReplyDelete