Challenging Arts & Crafts

Of laces & crocheted pillowcase ......




Crocheting is one passion I´ve been doing as far as I can remember.
  At a young age of 9, I became so curious at how a friend´s older
sister did all those pretty lacy bedcovers in their home. I think her
 beautiful laces which she painstakingly done with pleasure, somehow
the challenge triggered my subconcious to learn & try this craft. 


Finally, I asked my Ma to get me a hook and yarn so I can try it myself...
I love it ever since and the more I learned each day, the more excited
 I became. I gave my mom my first curtain which she then put up in the
 windows of her canteen  a couple of months after.

 Since then, I´ve done many projects .....be it tablecloth, bedspread,
doilies, tops and many more....you can see part of  my works in
one of  the blogs  featured here called Lovable Doilies and Crocheted Laces .


  

 This particular pillowcase had been a work in-progress that
 I haven´t touched in 6 years... The middle cloth should have been
 embroidered but I thought of it as boring or inappropriate since I want to
have an all white pillowcases that look romantic to add to my  all white ollection.





.......so, I started to make a flowerette, I didn´t have a pattern for this,
 but I know that I had to make 8 petals so I crocheted 8 petals
 until it reached the desired size that is proper for the missing
 middle  part of the pillowcase.




Added to make this square complete are the popcorn stitches that I enjoyed
to stitched.This is just perfect I thought and will make a great center of
attraction for the pillowcase..





Then, I took out the cloth from the center and replaced it with the
 crocheted  flowerette. Good that I simply basted so that it was easier
to remove.






The flowerette was attached temporarily with long stitches using
 a pink thread onto the center. That way, I would be able to see
 it and remove the thread easily when the flowerette is finally  stitched
 in place with white thread.

















 For the back of the pillowcase, I cut white cotton fabric to the size
 of the pillowcase + 2 cm allowance on each side. I added a button
 closing using the locally popular metal ring buttons covered with
 linen thread for pillowcases.



All in all, I´m satisfied with the result, and adding one more pillowcase
 to my growing white pillow collection... I hope that you like my blog for today...
Hope to hear from you... comments are welcome!

Wishing you a blessed Sunday !!!

xoxo,

Mercy 

6 comments:

  1. Mercy,
    This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Thank you for sharing at Tuesday Trivia. I am featuring you for Friday's Features and I pinned it. Just Beautiful.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wanda, thank you so much for the compliments and thank you for the feature....Have a beautiful start of the week!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work and lovely idea! I love the little crocheted square! Thanks for sharing this! Would love to have you visit me sometime :)
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana! ... Yes I´ve visited your blog just a minute ago, lovely site & crafts you have.. I also added you on Google +... Wish you a nice start of the week.

      xoxo Mercy

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful!!! Great inspiration
    Thanks for linking up at the party, (the one at My Messy Merry Life)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie, thanks for dropping by and for the kind words on my blog.... Will be joining more often to your link party. Have a nice week ahead..

    xoxo Mercy

    ReplyDelete