Challenging Arts & Crafts

Necklaces

Mineral and semi-precious stones are very fascinating materials to work at. It´s so amazing how a simple stone can be turned into a fabulous jewel.  For me, everything handmade is very special and no matter how much time is involve to create something , I keep it going til the project is perfect for my eyes. Here are some of the necklaces I have made so far..







 
This is one of the very first necklaces I made out of african  Malachite, brass wires and spacers.
 
 



These are lapis lazuli stones that were set on a brass wire, I added the sponge coral which I recycled from an old necklace.




 
I used big round sponge coral for this one, the pendant was from another necklace found at a  fleamarket and is made of metal that already had the stones attached to it.





 
And lastly, this necklace is composed of various minerals like agate, tiger´s eye. etc
Making them is somehow a form of a stress reliever for me after an exciting busy day at work.

Til next,

Mercy

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Mercy- I think the coral one is my favorite!
    Mandy @ The Hankful House Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful handmade necklaces!! Thank you so much for sharing this at the Fall Get Your DIY On Challenge: Blue Projects.

    ReplyDelete