Challenging Arts & Crafts

Over & done - granny square pillowcase 3/3


Yuhuuuu!!! 


The 3rd one is finally done... after this project, I might not be crocheting pillowcases for a long time, LOL!





This is actually a classic granny design and each of the square
 is so  easy to make,  in just a few minutes, you´ll be 
done with it while watching a thriller on tv.


Each square is stitched on to the first square and so on...





Once all nine grannies were stitched together, layers of single crochet stiches
will be made to frame the pillowcase top and  picots were added to give the edge a lacy look.




These flowerettes were made extra and were attached/sewn
 by  hand to the center of each of the square. Cotton fabric 
was used for the back side of the pillowcase 
 and buttons were sewn for the closure.





Photo below was taken near my office in 
Vienna´s city center, hope you enjoy the colors as well as the
 colors of the granny squares.





Happy Sunday !



2 comments:

  1. Hi Mercy,

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! You asked me which camera I use. Most photo's on my blog are made with a Canon 1000D, but I recently bought a Canon 60D. They are both really good camera's, which I can recommend to you.

    Your crochet pillow look lovely! Your chose some happy colours :-)

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming over Madelief, Yes, I´ll have a look at these cameras you were suggesting...It´s good to be listening to someone like you who knows the trade...

    This pillow is one of 3 I made for myself intended for the new sofas... Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete