Challenging Arts & Crafts

The DIY Garbage Bin

When you´re getting older and would like to do a DIY project like mounting a garbage can kit, 
you might find it hard to do such a chore. I,  for one,  haven´t been active myself in the last 
two years. I used to do a bit of carpentry works just like my dad. 



The other week, I drove to Ikea ( I have no affiliation whatsoever)  to get a new garbage 
container for my kitchen. There were not much  choice, and  I found only two options: one 
was a galvanized can with cover that you have to open and close manually.... and the other one, 
a hard black plastic that has a white base  that can be  attached below the sink. It´s with a 
telescopic metal that you can simply take in and out and this is 
what I chose and  will be talking about in this post.






The kit was easy to install if it wasn´t for that limited space under the sink where 
you have to move and screw everything in place. So I did everything myself 
and had to prove to hubby that I can do it alone. 

After a while, everything has been mounted and of course, I was happy 
and proud that I have done it without help,... Later in the evening, I had an abdominal 
muscle pain and couldn´t explain what the pain was about. I began to get scared!






                                                                   


I dropped dead on that afternoon doing the mounting... I found out that the muscle pains have 
been from the DIY work of the never ending bendings here and there.
The next day was a disappointment, I found out that I forgot to put two screws 
to make the base stable  .....hhhhhm, typically me!
I was damming it because I had to unmount my work and start all over again. 
Thank God, the muscle pain subsided a bit and I repeated the work today, 
I couldn´t be happier!




"... if the boys can do it, the girls can do it, too.." !!!

Thank you for dropping by!


2 comments:

  1. perler bead art, We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... Paint by numbers for adults

    ReplyDelete